Revenge of the Frizz



click to enlarge

Why I want to move to Vancouver

I have no need for a themostat; I only need to look at my hair. Much like the amount of leg swelling will inform a doctor of a patients cardiac status, my hair is a natural barometer and thermometer. Smooth wavy hair indicates 40-60 degrees with 60 percent humidity while the "Don King" do equates to 90 fareinheit and 100 percent humidity. Moderate curls supported by a flirty bounce translates to a mild 70/70, the weather of Vancouver, Canada.

I am not so vain as to move three times zones and another country away soley for my hair, but each New York summer I endure makes Vancouver a paradise. I spent 20 years in the South Florida humidity and never stepped outside unless I had too. Central Air is, and was, and equistite pleasure.

I tried all the products: gel, mousse, and of course the touted Frizz-ease. Before my hair thinned due to a tragic combination of genetics, diet, and medication I looked like "Weird Al" Yankovic, the early years. Now when the dew point rises I look like a troll doll. Nasa may be my only hope. If they could develop a creame that creates a no humidity, no heat zone around my head, needless suffering would end. I bet me and many others would pay top dollar for something like that.

2 comments:

nan said...

Grass is always greener honey...you with your frizz...and me with my flat straight hair. Chopping it all off after a lifetime of long hair was so liberating...scary...but liberating. The older i get, the less i want to deal with it...."less is definitely more"!!

Your hair...beautiful...always has been...a bit like a wild child no doubt, but tendrils to die for.

But SO much work...in our youth, probably would have traded...but today, if i had it...i'd pixie cut it...way to much work for me...

Ahh....i feel old age coming on fast...

Shiny Starlet said...

Hair is for the young. But if I could I'd take the long wild unruly mane. Just for a day. If I could have my hair back again, I'd never curse it.

Love you and thanks for your undying support and devotion.

Remember 30 is the new 20. So that would make us 22 right?