Welcome to my Brain-it's warm in here!

June, 3, 2007--I took a cab home from work last night at eleven pm. I chatted with the cab driver, mentioning that I had to go home and walk the dog in the rain. He ask if I had children. "No, I have the dog." I said.
"Can you have children?" He asked. That was something I've never been asked before. I told him yes, I had the working parts, but would rather adopt a child when I am a bit older. I spelled out my dog pound theory. Why create a child when there are so many who need loving homes. Not that I think people should stop having children, but there are plenty of couples out there picking up my slack.



Saturday May 19, 2007
Moments make life fabulous. My friend and I wandered up 23rd Street on our way home-me to the subway and uptown, she to 16th- and came upon a bar named and trying to be a Trailer park. She felt compelled to enter and order a "Sofia Copolla, 'champ
ange in a can.'" She once scoffed at red wine served in a plastic cup, so why sparkling wine in a can? "It's so bad, it's good," she said, taking a swig of the bitter beverage. "Yep, so good," I said and headed to the pink leopard print bathroom."



Wednesday May. 9, 2007
I know someone who may need a good laugh. Here goes.
"You've got a Jodie Foster thing going on." Says Shelia sitting next to me on the plane. Obviously these are the ramblings of an already crazy person at 35 , 000 feet al
titude after her third vodka tonic. The ride to Chicago started out nice enough; my seat-mate and I shared spirited conversation ranging from theatre, psychology, and drug addiction. She claims she is not an alcoholic but a lush. What's the difference? After the aforementioned last call for alcohol, she became really loud and obnoxious, never thought I'd miss a depressed drunk.

I hate when people ask me why I am not married. The deli man did today after I finally realized he was married to the woman who sells me Tylenol PM and Diet Coke. I don't flipping know why I am not hitched. Maybe I'm hideously ugly, have no personality, and kiss like a fish. Maybe I'm picky, or maybe I've never met anyone worth the effort or a relationship. Maybe, I should ask why is married because, from where I sit, they don't look that much in love or passionate. Maybe I should ask him that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do agree,there's some resemblance between you and Jodie Foster. I can't believe I miss that one. As to your Chicago trip,maybe that guy on the table is wishing the wife won't come then he would be able to spend breakfast with a.k.a Jodie.Well till then and enjoy being single coz I'm sure married women wished sometimes to be single then to have the oppurtunites and freedom that you certainly enjoy.....

Anonymous said...

Have you eѵer consіԁеred wгіting an еbook or gueѕt authоrіng οn otheг
blogs? Ӏ hаѵe a blog bаsed on the samе idеas you ԁіѕcuѕs
and would reаllу lіke tο hаvе you shaгe some ѕtοгiеs/informatiοn.
I knoω my readеrs would enjоy yоur work.
If yοu're even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an email.

my blog post Frontier internet

Anonymous said...

It is not mу first timе to viѕіt this wеb
site, i am browsing thіs sitе ԁailly and taκe pleasant information from here ԁaily.


my blog post :: coffee pure cleanse side effects

Anonymous said...

Ηave you eveг considered publishing an ebook
or guest authoгing οn other sіtes?
I haѵe a blog based upon οn the sаme
iԁeas уou dіscuss аnԁ ωould lοve to haνe you sharе some ѕtories/information.
I know my readeгs ωoulԁ аpргeciate
your wοrκ. If уοu are еven геmotely interеsted, feel fгеe to shoot mе
an email.

my ωeb-ѕite ... Сheар Car Insurance
[]

Anonymous said...

Ηi there Deаr, are you gеnuinely visiting this web ѕite dаily, if so then you will ωithout ԁoubt obtain
gоod knowledge.

my ωеb-ѕite :: HCG diet